• Bookmark and Share

St. Andrew's Church

St. Andrew's Church

St. Andrew’s Church is the oldest congregation of Scottish origin in Canada.  It was founded in 1759 upon the arrival of the 78th Fraser Highlanders Regiment who served under General Wolfe.  For several years following their arrival in Québec City, the Scottish community used several different premises for their celebrations but mainly and for many years, worshipped in a room set apart as a Chapel in the Jesuit College, where the City Hall now stands.  However, the congregation wanted a permanent Church ot their own.

The community presented a petition to this effect, signed by 148 people. Finally, in 1810, the Presbyterian community was given land granted by King George III. On it, the congregation erected the present building.  This church, consecrated to St. Andrew, stands on the triangular piece of land bordered by the Chaussée des Écossais, Ste-Anne and Cook, within the fortifications of Old Québec.

St. Andrew's Church

  • 106, rue Sainte-Anne
  • Québec, Québec
  • G1R 3X8
  • Phone: 418-694-1347
  • Fax:
  • Email:
To create your itinerary, consult the our churches section, select a church, chapel or religious institution . In the detailed file, click on the button.
PDFDetailed map of churches

Back to page « Our churches »